Sunday, May 27, 2012

At War From the Womb


At War From the Womb
Overcoming the Woe is Me Complex

One of the key components to having victoryin our life is to resist the temptation of thinking we are the only one who hasto weather a storm when we are faced with tough times.  We have to remember that it rains on the justand the unjust. 

When I was 2 years old, my mother was awakenin the middle of the night.  I had beensick throughout the day and the doctor diagnosed me with an upper respiratoryproblem.  My mother was emphatic that itwas more and her and my father rushed me to the hospital where I was laterdiagnosed with juvenile diabetes.  I wasin the early stages of a coma when my parents brought me into the ER.  If I would have slept through the night Iwould be dead.  No blog, no marriage,kids or ministry.

One of the many things my parents instilledin me was to never feel sorry for myself. If I we all look close enough we will see people better off than us andpeople worse.  We have to learn tomake the most of the hand we are dealt.  For every plan the devil has to destroy us andtake us out, God has a bigger and better plan to keep us, restore us and blessus.  Survival is a choice.  It is this mental toughness that helped me toovercome blindness, kidney failure and 38 years of diabetes.  God is not a respecter of people.  If He did it for me, He will do it foryou! 

If this post encouraged you, please share it.  I know that when I faced battles in my lifeit was always nice to hear an encouraging story.

No comments:

Post a Comment